Tuesday, July 17, 2012


Pineapple Sorbet

Summer activities are finally slowing down around here.  So, with a little time on my hands, I've begun to do some canning.  Last week, I canned seven pints of pineapple.   As I was preparing it to be cubed, I realized I was wasting quite a bit by shaving down the sides to remove bits of skin and those prickly things.  Seemed a shame so when I was done cubing I went back through my pile of shavings and cut the bits of skin from the bits of edible flesh.  Time consuming?  Slightly.  Worth it?  Definitely.  Inspired by Strawberry Sorbet from The Kitchn, I decided to whip these bits of pineapple into sorbet.





















I only used what I had on hand (pineapple and honey), and it came out great.  Too bad I didn't have a shot of rum on hand cause that would have really stepped it up :)


Pineapple Sorbet


2 cups crushed pineapple
1/4 cup honey
1 ounce of rum (optional)


Puree the pineapple in a food processor and blend in the honey and rum.  Chill in the refrigerator for 4- 6 hours.  Pour mixture into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacture's instructions.  Sorbet will continue to firm up once returned to the freezer.


Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment