Wednesday, July 25, 2012


The CSA Report 

The CSA Report  will be a regular Wednesday post from now until October.  CSA, Community Supported Agriculture, is still a relatively new term to people so I want to expand on what it is, what it's all about, and what one could get out of it.  For me, I like the idea of getting fresh local produce on a prepaid and regular basis. By joining the CSA, I've made a commitment to local farmers that financially help them start their season. In return, I get the freshest of produce and a variety that I would not normally think to buy.  So I'll also be getting creative in the kitchen.


Week  Eight...

It's too bad that computer screens aren't scratch and sniff because this melon smells delicious.


As you may know, I've been trying to "put up" just about any veggie or fruit that walks through the door.  In fact, it was "Pickle Palooza" that ended on Monday, corn and zucchini salsa before that, and I finally got to my peaches yesterday (future post coming).  I've also been dehydrating veggies for soup mix.  


This week, however, I think I'll take a break from preserving and use it all up fresh.  I'm thinking corn on the cob with fried zucchini and hamburgers, grilled chicken with sauteed peppers and onions on french bread, cucumber salad, and shrimp gumbo with okra.  Not all at one sitting of course ;), but over the next few days.


So how's it looking in your bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment