Thursday, August 30, 2012

Not Packing It...


If given the chance, I would not "Packit" again.  I hadn't intended of doing product reviews on my blog.  However, since something I recently purchased failed me twice out of the first four uses, I feel the need to tell someone.

My daughter, Emma, has been asking for this particular lunch bag for two years now.  She really is sold on the marketing used in the commercial.  She's not a fan of school lunches, but she does like smoothies, yogurt and cheese.  And since keeping those items cold and fresh are a selling point, she decided it would be the perfect solution to lunch time eating at school.  Plus, she reminds me that it is buy one get one free - which she knows is right up my alley.  Long story short, we own two.

So what's the deal?
  • Lunch at school - Yes, it makes it through till her 11:00 lunch keeping things cool (not cold).  Packit promises 10 hours of cold.  Obviously not gonna happen if it is cool at the three hour mark.
  • On the Go - NO, we took it with us to Saturday's football game.  Granted we were in the sun,  I think it could have done better - It and the waters inside were warm within an hour.  Fail #1
  • Beverage container that comes with it - Fail #2 - Emma came home with her backpack and all of it's contents soaked.  Thank goodness there was nothing in the back pack of high importance and/or  value.   The threads on the container do not line up well and it leaks.  No matter how I try, I can't get a good seal on it.  For the price paid, I don't think I should have to purchase an additional drink container.  Though I will have to.
  • Fail # 3 - I know I said two fails above, but come to think of it, I didn't get my thirty day perfect school lunch meal planner.  Not that it's a big deal, but if your going to offer something then you should deliver, right?
Overall, I don't find it at all worth the hype or the price.  In my opinion, any old insulated bag (read cheaper) with a freezer pack thrown in could do the same if not better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment