Wednesday, August 22, 2012


The CSA Report 

The CSA Report  will be a regular Wednesday post from now until October.  CSA, Community Supported Agriculture, is still a relatively new term to people so I want to expand on what it is, what it's all about, and what one could get out of it.  For me, I like the idea of getting fresh local produce on a prepaid and regular basis. By joining the CSA, I've made a commitment to local farmers that financially help them start their season. In return, I get the freshest of produce and a variety that I would not normally think to buy.  So I'll also be getting creative in the kitchen.



Week twelve...

Wow, this is by far the largest pick up to date.  Look at all the delicious goodies.


I just can't help but think about how I didn't have to do any of the labor intensive work to have such a bounty.  All I had to do was pick it up.  Easy Peasy.  I'm just lovin the CSA.

I've actually ordered more green beans so that I can blanch  and freeze them for future use.  I've also ordered tomatoes because I want to make a huge batch of pizza sauce to go on my home made pizza crust.

Otherwise, I see some fresh tasty salsa in our future and corn on the cob.  I know it's not March, but maybe some corned beef and cabbage in the crockpot would be good.  The little pickles have been delicious sliced and salted for snacking.  The basil in the back will definitely be a nice addition to pasta.  I don't think I've ever eaten a purple pepper.  Oh, what to do with that?  I saw a nice recipe for roasted beets online to try.

So how's it looking in your bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment