Wednesday, August 15, 2012


The CSA Report 

The CSA Report  will be a regular Wednesday post from now until October.  CSA, Community Supported Agriculture, is still a relatively new term to people so I want to expand on what it is, what it's all about, and what one could get out of it.  For me, I like the idea of getting fresh local produce on a prepaid and regular basis. By joining the CSA, I've made a commitment to local farmers that financially help them start their season. In return, I get the freshest of produce and a variety that I would not normally think to buy.  So I'll also be getting creative in the kitchen.



Week eleven...

This week's bag brought a huge variety of color - love that.  The only thing missing (color wise) perhaps is a purple eggplant.  With the exception of the tomatoes, I'm planning to use up everything "fresh" this week.  I see a couple of veggie stir-frys in our near future.  We'll also be enjoying sauteed green beans as a side dish with lasagna.  Sauteed in butter and topped with salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese, they are especially good.  As for the tomatoes, they'll be added to my tomato collection.  More on that another time.
   















So how's it looking in your bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment