Thursday, June 21, 2012

Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes

Blueberries have arrived and according to the Indiana harvest calendar, they're at least a week early.  We are planning to do the u-pick thing this weekend, but we got a pound of them in the CSA bag yesterday.  So I put them to good use with one of the better recipes that I have for blueberries.


I came across this recipe a couple years back when I started experimenting with whole wheat flour.  You know, gotta get those grains and be healthy.  I am actually not a pancake fan, but the photo that went with the recipe looked sooo good to me.  Had to give it a try.  These are now my preferred pancake of choice.  


Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes

3/4 C. of wheat flour

1 3/4 tsp. of baking powder

1/2 tsp. of salt

1 1/2 Tbsp. of sugar

3/4 C. of milk

1 egg

4 1/2 Tbsp. of melted butter

1/2 cup fresh blueberries


Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until batter is smooth.  Gently fold in blueberries.  Melt a table spoon of butter in a preheated skillet - low to medium.  Spoon 2-3 TBSP of batter in to the skillet.  Allow pancake to cook until the edges look dry/crispy.  Flip Pancake and cook for two to three  minutes longer.  Enjoy hot with maple syrup.


No comments:

Post a Comment